Thursday, March 19, 2009

DOT Post




Last week my youngest daughter had asked me if I was going to cook the traditional corned beef for St. Patrick's Day. Well, being it's only MaggieMae and myself, I hadn't planned on it, but I did decide to do the corned beef/cabbage boiled dinner. So I took it to my daughter's house fully cooked (the older daughter does not care for corned beef or cooked cabbage!) and also took MaggieMae along for the first time to meet my one grand-dog ( I have 4 others), Sara, a German Shorthaired Pointer.... very sweet natured dog. They seemed to get along fine. Can't say they played much. I think MaggieMae tried to get the upper hand on Sara's turf by barking at Sara. I did reprimand her and told her to be nice. She settled down pretty good. I think I could take this dog almost anywhere (which is a good thing for therapy use). About the time I was getting ready to come home, MaggieMae went to the door as if to say, "Ok, that was fun for awhile, can we go home now?" She was very good for the couple hours we were there. And the grandkids enjoyed her visit too.

The corned beef dinner also turned out very good. And the bonus was there was enough left over for seconds for both families.

6 comments:

Tina. said...

The dinner sounds wonderful and the company even better! And what good dogs both Sara and Maggie Mae are!

GoldenTracks said...

dinner sounds great. I made corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots all in the microwave. It's awesome!
Sounds like Maggie Mae can read your mind.

dogquilter said...

Sounds yummy!! Glad Maggie got to go too!!

Sunny said...

I missed out on that... I didn't have corned beef and cabbage, I think we had tacos....

dogyarnfun said...

Yippee, I wasn't the only one to make corned beef and cabbage. Hope your house wasn't as "smell" as mine after all the cooking.

That Tamie Chick said...

When I told Chelsea & Hunter of MM's visit to see Sara, they were excited, and said that we should have a picnic this summer- (if the backyard EVER dries out!) They can't wait to meet her ( ditto on the furless grandkids, as well!)
oxoxox....
your daughter from another mother