Monday, March 23, 2009

I am blessed

I am very blessed to have a several good friends. One of them decided to buy me some flowers yesterday, and presented them to me at a ladies dinner at my church. She has been there for me in the past couple years after the biggest loss of my life. I thank God for her and for the close friendship we have.

Today I was reminded how much God loves all His children. I was listening to a program on the radio and one of the bible verses that the man mentioned was Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. " Also was mentioned Romans 8:28. "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Both scriptures touched me so deeply today. I wasn't even feeling in need of anything, but He does know what we need before we do!

I have so much to be thankful for: close and loving family and friends, a great church family and yes, even a dog to keep me company. :-)

1 comment:

Tina. said...

Aaawwww that is just sweet, I know you gave her a big hug!

And the verses are absolutely true and we need reminders sometimes!

Love you!