Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Watcher




It's is amazing what we will do for our pets. Because MaggieMae's previous home had a spot where she could sit and look outside and to save my window sills, I had help moving a trunk to the living room window, as I said, so she had a spot to look out. She seemed a little reluctant to get on it, so I put a blanket over it for her. She occasionally uses it now. She is going to be a good watch dog also as she does bark when she hears a car door or other noises. But a firm "Shhhh!" will usually quiet her.

Her vet records came today, so soon she will be totally legal here. Went shopping for her and others today, and got a good solid retractible leash (which will be much easier on my hands!) and a large microfiber towel for when it comes around to bathtime. Those things are the best thing since sliced bread, they absorb so much water. I found out about microfiber towels from a good friend who gifted me with a couple. Now I'm doing the same. My daughter inquired if they made them in bathsize. Guess I'll send her to Petsmart!! Although she might have to wait a bit, I think I got the last one on the shelf.

5 comments:

Tina. said...

Awwww, Maggie Mae is such a pretty girl and doing her guard duty so well! Good Girl!

Love your cousins, Honey Dew and Sampson, can't wait to get to know you!

dogquilter said...

Awww I'm sure she will be all settled in and acclimated soon. It's good to have a watch dog as a fur baby. :)

Sue said...

She looks right at home watching out her window. She resembles my dogs a little.

GoldenTracks said...

The things we do ( and rearrange) for our dogs! I have 2 goldens who know no fear when it comes to water in any form. Microfiber is GREAT!

Scrabblequeen said...

Just read the story of Maggie Mae for the first time. How wonderful that you two have found one another She sounds like a great dog with an awesome person.