Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Vet Visit (DOT)

Today was MaggieMae's first vet visit here and my first time with this vet. We both absolutely loved her and she was quite taken with MaggieMae. This lady goes to the same church I do and so I decided to give her our business. It is also closer than the previous vet I'd seen for my other animals. Anyway, her checkup was fine. She also got her heartworm test, and passed it just fine. She is a few pounds overweight but not as much as I had thought. I think once she the yard is fenced so she can run and play in it she will get more exercise. She was very well behaved, better than any other I've taken to a vet's office. I was very proud of MaggieMae for her calm and good behavior.

The vet said she thought she would be a ver good therapy dog. I am not rushing that at this point, although that is still my intention. Nice to hear another opinion in favor of it however!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Congratulations on a clean bill of health. I'm sure she'll love running around in her own safe yard.

Charli and me said...

Good job Maggie Mae! She sounds just adorable.