Thursday, April 2, 2009

MaggieMae New "Doo" (DOT)

Well, I finally got MaggieMae to the groomers. It was kind of difficult deciding how she should be trimmed up. I finally made a decision and I was quite pleased with the results. I found out she is not as overweight as I first thought! She is just about right weight-wise for her size. Most of that was hair! With her new "doo" I see more of the terrier in her. I love how I can see her eyes now, and that brings our her personalitly more. She is still unbelievably soft! My apologies to her previous owner who I know liked her with long hair, but this will be more managable for me to take care of her and I think she will not be overheated during the summer. She seems to be content no matter what. She came back and immediately did about 8 runs around my large living room. It was quite a funny sight! I love how happy dogs seem to get when they get bathed. Like a new lease on life or something! (Too bad it's not that easy for us humans!)

11 comments:

knittinwolf said...

What a sweet face! Happy DOT!

Deb said...

So cute, my Mom's schnauzer's name is Maggie Mae, she's a character

Sue said...

She has a beautiful face that looks very familiar to me.

Mo said...

Great 'do', grrrl!! You look Mah-vah-lous!!

~Dolby & Murphy (Mo's 2 hounds)

Renna said...

Ah, she's adorable. We got a new dog recently (1/2 poodle, 1/2 doxie). Since his previous owner had been ill, he'd gone far too long without grooming. I was so surprised to see how thin he looked after being groomed this week. He acted the same way as yours when he came home, zipping all over the house as if to say "I'm free, free of all that hair!". I sometimes feel that way after a good haircut. ;-Þ

Sunny said...

Sounds like she and you will be much happier1

Robin said...

You look "Mah-ve-lous Dahling"!!

Sonya said...

She is SO cute!

dogyarnfun said...

She looks like she likes her new doo too.

pleintexasgirl said...

What a beautiful hair cut on her! You can now see her expressive eyes and face. How nice! It will be a lot easy to keep her hair with this cut. I had 3 English Springers in my time and spring was always a fun time to get get the new doo.

That Tamie Chick said...

Awwww, she's lookin' Sharp! I am gonna have to bring the kids down to see her....love them eyes!
Hugs, n love you lots!
Tam