Thursday, July 16, 2009

DOT -- Protector


Does a picture speak a thousand words? My neighbors dogs came to the fence and my grand-daughers walked over (me cautioning not to try to pet them, as one might bite). Because the little dogs were barking at them, MaggieMae immediately went over to the fence, between the fence (and consequently the barking dogs) and my grand-daughters! It's amazing to keep learning new things about this very wonderful dog. The funny part is that when the little dogs first started barking at MaggieMae, she would walk away with her ears back as if to say, "Why are they yelling at me?" Now she stands up for herself, and barks back, and guess what... they walk away! You go Maggie girl!!!

7 comments:

Tina. said...

Good girl, MaggieMae! Great picture too! Was this taken with the new camera?

Rose said...

Yes, new camera, of course... LOL.

claudie said...

Love it!
I have to say that you were a very lucky young girl, growing up with all those precious fur babies in your home. I was not aloud one single ball of fur. I made up for it when I moved out...now well, come and see for yourself lol
Happy DOT
Love Claudie
xo

Sue said...

What a good girl to protect her little people.

Nichole said...

Good Maggie! Dogs are truly amazing and really aware of what's going on! I'll never forget when my Zeus got himself between a cooler full of water and my Dad holding my niece over it... "pretending" to throw her in... Zeus wasn't having any of it!

Vivian said...

My little guys should meet MaggieMae so they understand what each other is trying to say. They are big time yappers. Happy Thursday!

fiberdoodles said...

She was protecting her turf! What a good girl.

Sharon