Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Camera Just in Time for Dogs on Thursday

I finally figured out how to get Maggie to look at me long enough to get her picture. I focus it then call her and when she looks, I click it! I had just gotten my new camera last evening, and had picked her up about 8 PM from the groomer. This time we went just a bit shorter as it should be getting into warmer weather. She has such a soft undercoat it reminds me of a Biederlack Blanket! Anyway, this picture was taken about 9 PM last night, no flash and very little enhancing. And it is just getting dusk at that time here. I think I am going to like this camera once I really get used to all the technicalities of it! I do need to get an SD card for it, as the memory in the camera allows only about 8 pics on it.

The camera is a FujiFilm FinePix S1500. My brother and sister-in-law have one and I was impressed with theirs. My old one took good pictures, for a point and shoot, but I wanted to try a little moredetail with photography. So we will see what this one does in the future. I know it's going to take time to get used to it an learn all it will do, but so far I love it!

Hope you all have a happy DOT!

5 comments:

GoldenTracks said...

Her hair cut looks comfortable....and very soft. Looks like you could just sit and run your hand up and down her back.
Have fun with your new camera. I'm looking forward to lots of pictures.

knittinwolf said...

Happy DOT Maggie!

Have fun with the new camera and look forward to seeing some great pics!

Sunny said...

Glad you got your new camera! It will be fun learning about all it will do, and if you are like meand have a hard time understanding the book, just ask R&C!

Sue said...

Maggie looks nice and cool in her new summer hairdo.

Did you take those flower pics with your new camera. They're wonderful shots.

Rose said...

Pictures of flowers were taken with my old camera, which I am keeping. Always good to have a spare around and it is a good camera outdoors.