Thursday, August 20, 2009

(Dot) MaggieMae's Escape Escapade

Hello fellow Thursday Dogs. This is MaggieMae, sneaking in a quick post. My dog-mom got a little upset with me yesterday. I was let out in the morning and while she was occupied with a lady who came to the house, I snuck out over the fence in the back where she had "patched" the hole in the fence with wooden lattice. It was leaning outward so I took the advantage and went over it. I had a grand time because I was after my favorite chase toy.... rabbit!! Live rabbit!! I thought (and so did she) if I got over this hurdle I would be stuck in the field they are fencing in for the kennel behind us, but because it isn't finished yet, there was a way to get by it and get to the road so I could come back home, the same route I had before when I escaped. But my neighbors with the noisy yappy dogs had come home to check on their house, from wherever they have been camping in their big motorhome, and blew me in to her! Well, being the good dog I am, I was on my way home when she called me and of course I came right away! After all, I like a good rabbit chase, but I know where I get fed!

She was a bit peeved at me all day long. I tried to tell her by the look in my eyes, like... "What? What did I do? I'm just a dog who loves a good chase!" I even later tried the paw on the leg when she was sitting in her recliner. She didn't seem to want to let me out much all day and when she did she kept an eye on me... Boy, she sure takes a while to get over my escapades! But she did do what she could to see that I can't escape again, and I heard her telling uncle Henry that if it happens again before they get the 6' chainlink up back there to replace our old fence, that he would have to come and put in a section of the 4' chain link like he put around our yard. She even took pictures of her "fix" and they are below. She tied the fence and lattice up to a tree. Kind of a weird looking deal, don't you think? Well, it does hold everything upright so it won't lean out and maybe I won't be able to play escape artist anymore... but that remains to be seen.... (doggie snicker).


7 comments:

Robin said...

Ahhhh, "the chase"! I used to have an Irish Setter who would do the very same thing!!

Gwen said...

LOL! I'm sorry Maggie...sometimes Mommys have to go above and beyond for the protection of their little ones ;)

Tina. said...

I am suprised no duct tape was used in the mending of the fence, around these parts it is the fix for everything!

Sunny said...

Very funny! you must have learned the "rope - tie - wire - tree" stuff from your older sister (who still does that in a pinch) It makes for a good temp fix!!

Sue said...

Some dogs are just amazing escape artists. I have two of them who are always watching for the chance to run free.

Scrabblequeen said...

Sounds like you had great fun, Maggie Mae! We never get away with stuff like that. Hope your person gets over it soon.

Love, Sasha and Misty

Serendipity said...

Oh Maggie Mae, no doggies would resist the chase. Blame the rabbit! Hehehe