Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy DOT--A Peek at MaggieMae's Character

Well, my dear doggie managed to find another way to escape the other night. I had let her out for the last time at night and when I went to let her in I could hear her tags rattling but did not see her anywhere in the yard. So I got my flashlight and put on my jacket (it's been unseasonally cold here since I got back from KY). I finally saw her on the other side of the fence between the fence and my neighbors pine trees. The only thing I could figure out was she'd climbed on my lawn roller and managed to get over the fence somehow!
Needless to say I then moved the lawn roller away from the fence!! Got to watch those intelligent dogs!! (And she did come right in when I opened the gate for her.)
For some time I have thought of trying to video Maggie because she is such a character. It has taken a few attempts to actually get her in the line of the camera. Outside she has been too fast for me. Inside she is camera shy. But I was finally successful the other day when I got her playing first. The only problem is I can't seem to get it completely uploaded to blogger! Sorry about that!!
I was asked if Maggie had a favorite toy. The video I had was of her playing with her newest toy. It was a dinosaur that has a rattle and squeaker in it which I'd gotten for my grandkids to play with as babies. Now that the youngest is 3 and there will be no more gk, I decided to put it in the Salvation Army, and it was in a bag of other things going there, but it was on top. One day I heard the rattle and looked up. Maggie had it in her mouth. I guess she was telling me she was keeping it for herself! However I think her favorite is a polar bear given to her by my niece Tina as a gift when Maggie and I first got together. It has had a good run, losing it's rope ears and tail along the way. It has a squeaker in it and she totally delights in just "squeaking it".

9 comments:

Charli and me said...

I have to keep boards all along the back of my fence to keep Charli from getting out. Dogs are so smart. If they can they will figure a way to get out. Your little pooch is just precious! She looks so cute playing with her toys. Happy DOT!

Marjie said...

Thor enjoyed the squeaker in his lobster, but he took it out of his duck. Go figure! Maggie's cute with her polar bear.

Nichole said...

Good luck dog-proofing the fence!
Cute pic!

Ella Blackhart said...

Oh, how cute!

Here's my first attempt. here!

Lovely to meet you. I love the look of your blog.

knittinwolf said...

My dogs always take the squeakers out...then they want to chew it up till it doesn't squeak! Happy DOT

Sonya said...

The smart ones can always find a way out. Good luck!

Serendipity said...

You have one smart escape artist there. Dogs just love squeaker toys. Mine does too.

Sunny said...

I still think she would look cute with a girlie kerchief on her neck!
Besides I haven't come up with anything else practical for your prize ;-)

Tina. said...

I think she is taking lessons from the badboy next door...oh wait a minute, I bet she is trying to go and visit the bad boy next door! :)