Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Is In The Air ~ Part Four ~ The Little Village

I have a small village which I put up every year. It isn't much, really maybe just a "street". I'd love to have more, but don't really have room for it. This sits on top of my Hammond organ which no longer works and I'd like to replace it with a table. Tonight my my three grand daughters were here while their mom shopped for them. The older one at one point was peering into the windows. It made me smile. (I've done the same myself.)

The aquiring of the church was kind of amusing to me. It all started because at a church Christmas party we had a gift exchange in which one could take someone else's gift if we wished, when it was our turn. A friend of mine had gotten a lighted church, as did I at one point, but neither of us ended up with it. The pastor's wife and sister-in-law had another exactly like it sitting there and when all was said and done and people were leaving, they decided I should have it. They had no idea I'd wanted it for my friend who also wanted it. So then I decided to wrap it and leave it on the doorstep of my friend. She did find it later that day and was totally thrilled. After dropping it off I decided to go to JoAnn's Fabrics and while there I saw another (the one in the picture) for 75% off the sale price! Well, when I got to the checkout it cost me all of $5.00!! I went home smiling, even though the nativity that should have been on the side was missing. So I searched for one small enough to fit it, without much luck. I thought, "Of course, Christmas season, and I couldn't find Jesus!" However the following year, I did find one small enough to sit next to the church. If you click on the picture to make it bigger you might be able to see it.

Do any of you have a Christmas village?

No comments: