Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wintery Day on DOT

Sometimes trying to get pics of MaggieMae can be so difficult. This morning I thought I'd try to get some outside shots. Yeh, right. All she wanted to do was bark at squirrels. Come on, that gets old after a while. So below is the obligatory shot of Maggie for DOT.

So then I thought of just stopping there. But it is a harsh winter day out there, even though we did not get the snow they said we might. The wind is howling about 24 miles per hour and with temps in the low 20's (oh now I see it has dropped to 19*) and that wind, it's harsh! The sun has decided to come out, so that started me daydreaming of warm summer days. Then I thought about pics I had from happy times that I enjoy looking at when my screen saver kicks in. So I decided to pick out a few that make my mood lighten even a little.

This was a beautiful shot I got early one summer morning about 4 or 5 years ago. I could not pass up the sun shining through the trees. It was a blessing in itself just to see, and I am thankful I could capture it.

This was Misty. Our cat of 19 and 1/2 years, whom I had to say good bye to last January. The other night I could have sworn I saw her shadow come near the couch just like she used to when she would come down the hall to the living room from the bedroom. She was a beautiful cat, and one of the best I've ever had. She is missed. My dd took this picture of her and passed it on to me. When my dh was sick in the hospital I printed it out for the poster board on his wall so he could keep her near him for comfort.

While I am not fond of pictures of myself, I do like this picture of my wonderful daughters and myself, taken at my 60th birthday party, Oct. 2008. I love them dearly. I could not have asked for any better daughters than they are.

Well, since I was named Rosalie, I happen to love roses. Who'd have thought? This was a mini rose I had. I used to have 15 rose bushes at our old house, and didn't bring any of them with mewhen we moved here, which I do regret. I planted one rose here in front of my house and since the bushes came out last year, I would like to work on that this summer and put in some more!

This was a mini daffodil plant I'd bought a few years ago, and it just reminds me so much of Spring, that's why it's included in this post. Yes, I know we have a couple months of winter to go but I am praying they will pass quickly and soon the buds will be coming on the trees. I don't want to wish my life away, but since I'm not working I have been doing a lot of hibernating this winter. I am thankful for the break we had a for a couple weeks, which melted most of the snow off and with temps in the 30's for those couple weeks MaggieMae and I got out for several walks. So I guess I will just bide my time till the weather permits them again. Stay warm and keep those puppies warm, fellow DOT'ers!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Nice pictures! If the snow they're predicting for tomorrow comes, I'm heading back here to stare at those pretty daffodils.

Charli and me said...

What a wonderful and heartfelt post. It was nice to see your pictures. I hope you and MaggieMae stay warm ♥ Thank you for your concern and kind comments. Charli is back to being her usual silly self again. What a week we had!