Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I have this cactus plant. I've heard them called Christmas cactus, and Easter cactus. At any rate, this one blooms when it feels like it. It has way overgrown the pot, and I only water it when I think of it, maybe every two months? This year it has two blooms and just in time for Valentine's Day. So pretty I thought I'd share. The first shows both blooms.

Then this one I did with the super macro setting on my camera, where you don't use the zoom and have to get right up on it to take the picture. I thought it came out pretty well.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Valentine cactus.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

The blooms look really pretty! Who cares when.... just if ;) I never had any cactus bloom very well for me, but my violets are really showing off this winter... they are at it again already!

Charli and me said...

What a beautiful flower! It's nice that it blooms in the winter when sometimes with the cold things seem a little bleak. It's a cheery little plant to have around. Sooo pretty.

Janet said...

The cactus blooms are beautiful...a brilliant color to brighten the winter days. Great pics!

Sue said...

Your cactus is a beautiful color. I have a red one and a peachy one.

Our dogs all need baths, but it's been so cold here that I keep postponing it. Maggie looks lovely. It's nice to have a clean, sweet smelling dog around.