Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Must Be My "Winning Streak"

I went down to an ATM machine last week which is located next to a Curves (which I had been thinking I should look into a membership at actually, although I have not joined yet). There was a lady posting signs outside the Curves facility. They had a chinese auction going on inside with 150 baskets! So of course I thought I'm a sucker for a good cause and went in and purchased two sheets of tickets for the auction! Well, didn't I get a phone call yesterday that I'd won a basket!! This is it below. A Favorite Recipes of Sanborn. and a set of handmade oven mitt-pot holder-napkins, and a set of 6 Patriotic placemats.

Now I need to figure out what to do with each of these. Being on my own here I don't cook much (although I do occasionally cook a dish to take someplace for a pot luck). I am thinking I may keep the cook book. The others I may decide to gift someone else... and there in lies the question... Who to do a RAK to? I don't get a lot of viewers on here, but maybe someone will leave a comment that will spark my interest? What to do? What to do?

3 comments:

Sunny said...

What is a RAK?

Vivian said...

Maybe have a Spring contest of some sort and post it on the DOT main blog? Or a swap so you get something you actually like.

Marjie said...

That's a nice basket of goodies, but I do understand about not cooking much for yourself and Maggie Mae (and I loved that Rod Stewart song; does that make me old?). Your mitts remind me that my grandmother made oven mitts for herself and my grandfather. She was so artistic that on the top of them, she made felt left and right hands, traced from their hands, and stitched them on, complete with sequin wedding rings. Of course, my mother threw them out when Grammy died, because "no one would want those old things." I like Vivian's idea of a DoT giveaway or swap. Anyway, isn't it nice that you won something?