Monday, May 24, 2010

Tea Time

Last week I had the pleasure of having lunch with three friends at Lily's Tea Room located in Another Time ~ Another Place, in Medina, NY. As we pulled up in front, I noticed this pretty little creek with a bridge across it.

We sat down at an old 50's type table, and ordered out tea. Two of us got this, wild blackberry tea. It was delicious!

There were two choices for the main fare. Either chicken salad with grapes or broccoli swiss quiche. I chose the quiche and was not at all disappointed! It was awesome!

As we sat there I noticed a fresh baked pie on the sideboard of the tea cup cabinet. The proprietor said it was rhubarb. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've had fresh homebaked rhurbarb pie! I can now, about a week and a half!

Good food shared with good friends makes one of the best times in one's life.

8 comments:

Sunny said...

I agree; it is so refreshing to be able to get out with friends and just enjoy the day ....
so..... when you comin' down? :)

Sunny said...

PS. I'll even bake the pie!

Janet said...

What a beautiful setting for the tea room. I'm glad you had a good time.

Marjie said...

That bridge is so pretty, and I love the real tea cup they served your tea in!

Charli and me said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. That food looks so delicious. There is nothing quite like spending a day laughing and talking with friends. I love that teacup and saucer. Sooo pretty!

Sue said...

I love quiche and they just don't make it here in Missouri. Next summer I'll be coming back to Central New York for my nephew's graduation and I'm making a list of all the things I want to eat while I'm there.

Sue said...

There's a nice picture of Maggie Mae wearing a red shirt on one of your December posts. May I use it on our Bandana Day post next week?

Charli and me said...

Hi MaggieMae, Charli here. I just stopped by to tell you how pretty you looked at the bandanna party. Wasn't that party fun! I hope you are having a good day. Tell your mom we said hello.