Thursday, June 17, 2010

Missing Her Already (For DOT)

Ok, yes... MaggieMae is probably having a ball with fellow canines. I am the one missing her! Not that I would have brought her along on this trip. I mean what about when I had to stop at the rest areas? (And there were plenty of them!) It's hot and humid and I would not have wanted to leave her in the car even for a few minutes! And when I went in to a restaurant to eat? No, wouldn't do that to the poor dog! The only difference when I came here to visit last year was after I dropped her off at the kennel, I left also. This time I had to drop her off the night before I left, so I actually could look out my back window and see her at the kennel! That was a tough one I will say!! I got choked up seeing her there! I dared not even venture into my back yard for fear she might see me!

Well, I did arrive safely at my sisters this morning. Her little dog Izzy is having a hard time getting used to my presence here, although she has been in my lap and licked my hand several times. She's a tiny ball of white fur! Very quiet little thing. Very different from my larger black noisey MaggieMae. Yep, I'm missing her!

4 comments:

knittinwolf said...

I know what you're feeling....I hate leaving Fuji...I can go about three days before I'm insane and gotta get home!:) Hang in there!

Serendipity said...

I know how you feel. I feel the same too each time I go away. That probably explains why I don't go for holidays as much nowadays LOL.

Serendipity said...

Thank you for coming by and leaving me an encouraging comment. Good to hear you had a safe journey to your sister's place. The homeless man has a wonderful attitude. I must learn to be more like that too. You are right, He is always closer than a heartbeat!

Sue said...

They certainly do become family members, don't they?