Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kentucky Visit ~ DOT

I made a visit to my sister's house in KY in June this year. I had bought two very nice rockers from a yard sale across the street from me at a very good price. I did so with my sister's house in mind. She has a wonderful front porch. And she'd told me her old wooden rockers were falling apart. So when I saw the two for sale, I thought I'd bless her with them. I had to get the back seat taken out of my van to transport them, but it was worth the look on her face and my brother-in-law loves them too! They are made of composite materials, which my bil explained to me how they were made (although too complicated for me to repeat here). They will last a good long time.

And I got to meet my sister's little Bichon, Izzy. What a cute little thing she is! Very clever and funny girl too.

Such a sweet little face!

They also have an australian cattle dog. This is Red. I wasn't sure how friendly he was when I first got there, but he warms up. Nice looking fella, don't you think?

The bad thing was the temps were mid nineties, and very humid, so we didn't get to do some of the things we wanted, but just visiting with my sis was the best blessing of all.

6 comments:

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

Thanks for the rockers, Sis.... and for posting about them, as with everything going on I did not get to do that post yet :-/

Really good picture of Red! you know, with all the fuss over Izzy, cuz she's cute, he does not get enough credit for being the wonderful dog he is. Great watch dog! Even though we have to leave the barn doors open for airflow for the rabbitry, we sure have not had problems with wild critters coming in with Red warning anything like that away. Very good post! Be sure to tell Maggie Mae greetings from her country cousins!!

July 15, 2010 10:50 AM

Janet said...

The rockers look great on your sister's porch. June's temperatures were brutal. I'm glad you had a nice shady porch where you could sit and rock. Izzy is adorable and Red is very handsome.

Sue said...

What a thoughtful gift. I'm sure the rockers will get a lot of use.

Serendipity said...

Sounds like you had a great time at your sis'. At times I wish I have a sister too :-) It's so sweeet of you to get them the rockers. Izzy is so adorable and Red is a handsome one :-)

Charli and me said...

What a beautiful porch! I would love a porch like that. What a sweet person you are to give those beautiful rockers as a gift. Everytime they sit on they're front porch and rock away they will now think of you ♥ Those are adorable little dogs. did you take Maggie Mae with you? I hope you have a great week!