Thursday, August 12, 2010

DOT Post ~~ The Fix Is In (or is it "On"?)

Finally the fence is secured from MaggieMae escaping under it! My son-in-law ran a cable along and through the bottom of the fence. Then I bought some Coleman tent stakes at Kmart, and a friend of mine pounded them in for me at various intervals along the cable.

My neighbor to the side put up some lengths of 4 ft. picket he had, and just propped them against my fence as a sight block. Too bad he did not have one more section of it.

But the cable was tight with a turn buckle at the end of it.

The stakes hold it down even though she could not "stretch" it with the cable, it makes me feel more secure.

Then one day after all this was done, my neighbor on the other side of me rings the doorbell and tells me my "baby" is in his fenced yard!! I thought "what the?" Seems she'd found a spot to crawl under in the back corner! That has now been secured with a wooden stake and some junk rebar!! You can see the slight area she managed to curl the fence up and crawl through.

I do not believe (and I pray) she can get through this little opening! If she does she will be in the neighbors fenced yard anyway, but this is a pretty small opening now!

As of now, she can only look and drool over the bunnies in the yard next door.

"You know you spoiled my adventures mom."
"I know MaggieMae, but it's for your own safety."

"I guess I'll just have to sit and dream of the good fun I had for a little while."

In the meantime, my tomatoes have started to ripen. This is the 2nd one, the first is in the house waiting for me to eat it! Only 8, but I'm sure they will all be tasty!

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Glad you got that fixed... I know how frustrating that can be. Enjoy your tomatoes; they will be on my eat-sparingly list of foods from now on :-(

Janet said...

Looks like a good fix for your little escape artist. I love the picture of MaggieMae looking back over her shoulder. Nothing tastes as good as a garden fresh tomato. Enjoy

Sue said...

I have a spot to fix on the side of our fence. It looks like a rabbit dug a hole to get into the yard, but I don't want Miss Bailey thinking of using it to get out.
Sue

Maggie Mae said...

MaggieMae is one determined pup! I kinda admires that in hers....;)

WOofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Pooch said...

Very clever with that fence. Wonder what Maggie Mae's next move will be?!

:)

Charli and me said...

Poor little Maggie Mae! She has a tough life doesn't she LOL I can't tell you how many times I've ran down the street in my PJ's becasue Charli has gotten out of the yard. We have boards now all along our fence and we had to attach lattice to the gate so she can't get out. I think we have a couple of really smart dogs! Your tomato looks yummy!